Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Friday, April 13, 2007

Bitch, Crone, Ho

In disgust I'm talking about Don Imus' firing. I'm doing it not because I like or don't like Don Imus. Can't even say I know who he is (beyond that face). I'm doing it because of all the other arguments it's bringing up. Last week, Imus stuck his foot in his mouth and called a girl's basketball team a group of "something racial." The comment was awful but we hear it all the time in Rapper music and on the street.

First, Don Imus. Another Shock Jock got Shocked. Uranus, the planet of shocking, sudden turns of event, has been conjunct NN and last week was also conjunct Mercury (communications). Last April 4 could have been expected.

Choral Interlude:

You say Uranus
And I say U-a-nus.
Uranus.
Ur-a-nus.
Oh,
Let's call the whole thing off.

Not that Uranus does anything that's to be expected. Imus' chart hooked into it and believe me he'd be singing the second line of that song right about now. Uranus may have aspected Imus' natal Moon. It did oppose his Neptune. The transiting Moon even would have passed over Imus's Libra NN, inconjunct his Taurus planets and transiting Venus. This is coming way too late because I can only look back at the alignments and say "I told you so" but, overall, I'd say: A Bad day for impressing the Ladies, Don.

Imus has Venus in Gemini, singleton in Air. Venus = Women and Air = Radio. It may be the apex of a t-square to Moon in Pisces opposite Neptune. It's also widely receiving a Grand Cross transit from Jupiter and Pluto in Sagittarius squaring Nodes-Uranus-Mercury. After 40 years of saying stupid things on the Radio Imus loses his job for insulting girls due to a Grand Square aspect to his Venus. How astrologically astrological. Beware those Grand Squares. Imus has 3 planets in Taurus (Jupiter-Saturn-Uranus) and 3 planets in Leo (Sun-Mars-Pluto). That's Fixed. With that Gemini Venus out there all on its lonesome in Air it's no wonder he held his position as Shock Jock for 40 years.

What gets me, of course, is the hypocrisy of it all. People are now talking about the Double Standard. Rappers are extremely abusive to women, yet their behavior is easily accepted by the same society that disses Imus. Al Sharpton says he doesn't like thinking that his daughters are talked about in that way. But he doesn't mind when they listen to these insults on their Ipods. Bill Cosby has mentioned the problem before. He must not have any daughters.

This is a great lancing for society. Or it could be if the Rappers' records would stop selling and the Media would quit turning everything into a Circus. And the Double Standard argument, it goes so much deeper. I'm not particularly feminist, just trying to figure out a way to stumble through life as a single woman. It's not just men. It's the women themselves. We are actually the worst of all.

Last night I went into my local Ooga Booga bookstore to listen to a new Age Writer rant on how Middle Aged Women can love themselves. Oo, guidance for that moment post Menopause when I realized that I'm incontinent.

I've always feared Middle Aged women, spent two years in my 20's painting the Fat Angry Bitch series about Fat Angry Women. And I have to say this event didn't ease my fears. Instead, the writer I was thinking about hearing is going to lecture us on her new book. It's called "Bitch, Harlot, Crone." I'd rather be called a Nappy Headed Ho, that at least gets us past Chaucer on the historical charts. So, the idea is that middle aged women are just coming into their power "Bitch," becoming repositories of wisdom "Crone," or, you know, sensual or sexual, the Hooker thing. The Feminists promote this kind of thing. I hate it, and I mean, absolutely hate it when middle aged women start calling everything sexy and juicy in order to compensate for sagging breasts. I hate it when they start bossing everyone around because they only know how to back talk to their teenage kids and husbands. Face it, we're all gaining weight, we're not very nice anymore from all the oppression and denial and subservience, our eyesight is failing, we're wrinkly and we're shrinking. We can think that we're sexy, but, personally I'm pretty grossed out by it all. I mean, I look back on my life and realize that if I had been a guy I would have been hired to make three times as much money as I have. I would have been able to eat when I wanted to, probably would have had it served to me. Maybe I would have never scrubbed a toilet. Maybe I would probably have learned to build my own kitchen cabinets by now.

I never wanted to grow up to be a Bitch or a Prostitute or a an Ugly Old Hag and I still don't. And what are the Male equivalents to these? Wife Beater, Dead Beat Dad, Pimp?

I stood there confused, slowly realized that I was repulsed and didn't go into the lecture. I got into my car and listened to the rant against Imus. Now they're ranting against Sharpton who caught national attention through a false rape accusation case. Gawd, somedays it's just an ugly world out there.

Labels: