Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Are You An "Innie" or an "Outie?"

The Uranus-Neptune mutual reception transit has really been bringing out an interesting side of the Outer Sign Sun Signs. This is probably just my imagination but it seems that once one of these planets hits the Sun Signs of these people they think that their shit somehow doesn't belong to the sewer system with the rest of humanity. At any rate, I've been noticing a whole lot of really out there comments about the superiority of these signs these days so I suppose I feel an urge to beat them up a bit. It is my opinion, granted only an opinion, that one signs corrects, or improves upon, the characteristics of the sign before it. The first 4 signs sort of signify an interior struggle to develop as an individual. The next 4 signs signify an awareness that others exist in the world and that an individual relates to others. The last 4 signs signify that we all exist as part of a whole.

All the Signs have good characteristics and bad characteristics. One sign follows another with a duty to try to sort out the problems of its predecessor. The chart shows these as occurring in a cyclic format. But, the Outer Sign Suns seem to be perceiving themselves as the superior, top of the heap, best of the lot. I keep reading comments like "they really are more 'aware'". This scares me because as a person who lacks a lot of the outer sign signatures I tend to notice when one of them screws up. Also, I was much nicer to fellow Cancerian George W. than I normally would have been just out of a feeling of "why not? we're all dick heads here."

Right after President Obama's inauguration, which I totally agree is a manifestation of the best of what the Uranus-Neptune mutual reception, an Astrological Organization that I belong to sent out an email with an article written by somebody who was talking about the brilliance of these two planets working together. The writer completely ignored the negative side. She also ignored the fact that Obama is a Leo Sun with a Gemini Moon, neither sign of which belongs to the Holy Outer Signs. And she managed to talk about how Martin Luther King's chart connected with the Inauguration date. She missed the part where two of the most evil world leaders at this point belong to these signs and so in one of my hissy fits I checked Dick Cheney's chart. He is an Aquarius Sun with a Pisces Moon, couldn't be any closer to manifesting this mutual reception. And, so, by strange coincidence I noticed that most of the natal and transiting aspects that the writer wrote about Martin Luther King's Chart in her article were also true of Dick Cheney's chart and transits. Right now I can remember the Pisces Moons and Jupiter in Tauruses. Yet, Cheney is the epitome of an evil white guy, an abuser of power and of humanity and King is the great symbol of the Civil Rights movement. Astrology is really strange this way. This doesn't surprise me a whole lot but boy does it piss me off when I go on to read more superiority complexes about these signs.

I'm an early sign person, obviously hurt by the callousness and self-absorbtion of the people who think that their own shit doesn't stink, but I tend to see these outer Signs as simply having an interest in people working together in a huge group like formation. They will always have a need and awareness of how society works more than I do, at least by Astrological standards. But, whether their deeds and thoughts are good or bad can't be indicated by the chart apparently and I wish Astrologers wouldn't take this for granted. As an introvert I am scared out of my mind of the horror that can be committed by Politicians. That is what I am aware of. What confuses me is that I can see what each of us is missing, and they apparently can't. I guess this is why the Astrological Wheel just keeps circling around. Around and Around like the clothes dryer at the Laudromat. Like a Hamster in a wheel. Oh well.

This seques into Malcolm Gladwell's new book, Outliers, which in a way addresses this interesting superiority of the Outer Signs' Consciousness. I've only listened (audiobook) to the first CD, but, because I keep forgetting to put the second CD in the player, I've listened to it a couple of time. Gladwell talks about studies which have shown that athletes of some sports, Soccer and can't remember the other one I hate sports and grew up on a beach with Volleyball and surfing, Squash? Is there a sport called Squash? I don't know, I ran like a penquin and was always picked last for all team sports.

At any rate, the studies show that athletes on these teams are almost all born within the first 3 months of the year. There are almost no athletes from the last 3 months of the year. Interesting that this corresponds with the Outer Signs of Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. On a personal note this is actually sort of interesting by reason of the fact that I was raised by Scorpio/Sagittarius parents, born at the end of the year, who liked Sports just for the way that it provided them a reason to drink beer and to scream at the TV while running to the bathroom.

Gladwell points out that the reason for this is not mystical and astrological (he even mentions Astrology, hmph). The team members are chosen because the players are picked according to a cut off date that begins in January. These kids are slightly older, so larger and stronger physically than the other kids in the class, probably just a tiny bit more coordinated and aware of social strategy. The kids born at the end of the year were smaller and perhaps not as well developed quite yet in all areas. So, the Age difference in the Calendar Date, according to Gladwell and his researchers, is the main reason for better performance at the ages at which they are picked. Gladwell points out that the choosing begins at around ages 10 to 12 when growth is really significant. (That's the Jupiter Return = growth and expansion). These children are then set aside and groomed for the sport so they become even better. They are not only more confident for having been picked but are trained.

Gladwell goes on to explain how this is how superior groups of people are created by society, he calls them "Outliers" and goes on to talk about them in the rest of the book. He suggests ways to even out the score which is pretty awesome. And I'm sure in the rest of the book he discusses other more important social situations which cause advantage and disadvantage that affect a person's ability to succeed in life: the theme of the book is why some people succeed and others don't.

Anyway, Gladwell is a Virgo, one of the middle signs and probably able to understand the really huge and strange schism of behavior that exists between the Political adepts and the Interior Adept who are self-absorbed from a social standpoint (can't think of a decent word to call us at the moment, must be the Uranus-Neptune hatred thing kicking in).

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane L said...

I have noticed this phenomenon too and agree with you. Most of my planets fall in the second group of four (just Venus in Sagittarius in the last group).

Heh, I was always one of the youngest kids in my class and one of the smallest. :-) No sport star here and I am not a sports fan now either.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Out The Comet's Ass said...

Yes, Neith, you are a "Middie," a "double Middie," if I remember correctly.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home