Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Opening Bell and the Stress Test

Just surfed over to Lynn Hayes' blog and found her entry about how My Magic Federal Reserve Chairman Boyfriend Ben Bernanke is going to reveal the results of the Stress Tests for the Banks. I guess this is also Timothy Geitner's gig as well these days, but Bernanke, being a Sadge and a College Professor to boot gets the glory for this Jupiterian activity of administering tests.

Anyhoo, Lynn Hayes points out that the Feds will reveal these results on Thursday just as Mercury goes Retrograde at the beginning of Gemini. You can read her excellent interpretation here:

http://blog.beliefnet.com/astrologicalmusings/2009/05/interesting-timing-of-bank-str.html

Haven't looked up any Opening Bell Charts lately so thought I'd look up Thursday's.

Opening Bell Chart for Stress Test Day
May 7, 2009 9:30 am New York, NY

Sun 18 Taurus; Moon 29 Libra; ASc 14 Cancer; MC 24 Pisces; NN 5 Aquarius.

The Sun will be in Taurus, sign of the Banker. That's appropriate. Spotlight on Bankers. Then I noticed that Mercury's Retrograde will be mostly in Taurus and will perhaps do the review thingee that Lynn Hayes talks about Mercury Retrograde. I don't know about making a big announcement on a Mercury Rx. That could indicate that people just won't understand what's going on but it will keep the communication going concerning all things Taurus, which is the ruler of Banks and Banking and Bankers.

The Moon rules the Chart and is placed in its natural 4th House. That says something about feelings of Security, Housing, the Public, Mom, The U.S. which is considered a Cancer Sun? Both the Sun and Moon disposit to Venus who rules Banking. Venus is placed up in the 10th House of Government and is conjunct Mars and is squaring Pluto. That's can certainly be a signature for stress. The Stock Market in Turmoil, that's nothing new. Emotional volatility? Willfulness? The head of Freddie Mac just committed suicide, did his death foreshadow these results?

What really stuck out when I first looked at the chart was Uranus. He is conjunct the Midheaven (Government) and is unaspected in this chart so, as Noel Tyl says, his influence will "run away with the chart." Will there be a Shock? Or does it mean that the Fed will Awaken the Stock Market? The Government (MC) will inspire Hopes, Wishes and Entrepreunial Spirit? Uranus rules the 8th House of Investments and Stock Markets so the Stock Market will react in some sort of unexpected way? The North Node (Destiny, Direction) is conjunct the 8th House cusp so it looks like the Banks may have to play second fiddle to getting the Investment Markets and Credit Markets and Bankrupties under control.

The Sun will rule the 2d house of Banking which is empty. It will be trining Saturn in H3. Perhaps there will be a fear of Big Brother? Maybe just better management and control. It's expected when the Stock Market is full of greed but when the Bankers get greedy and devious seems things really run amock.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger California Girl said...

What's your take on the Anaretic degree Moon? Do you suspect it could be a wild card? (This stuck out to me because I have a 29 degree cardinal, a 22 degree fixed and a 17 degree mutable in my own chart. All so-called "critical" degrees..eeek).
I love this blog. It's different from others and you find some very interesting things to report.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Out The Comet's Ass said...

Thanks California Girl, you are my best "fan."

I don't know what to make of the anaretic degrees so don't really pay attention. I'm finding that I'm more interested in interpreting how the planets are affecting each other in their movements and progressions. I'm paying attention to the Aries Points which I guess are static but they also represent the beginnings of new phases and equate with the Seasons.

Do you find that the interpretations of them are insightful? I heard an astrologer, Kim Rogers Gallagher, say a while back that it was amazing how all the different techniques seemed to say the same things in the end. Everyone gravitates towards different techniques. (Probably tomorrow I'll really be in to Anaretic degrees now)

8:22 AM  
Blogger California Girl said...

I agree - I find house meanings and interpretations meaningful for me. Somehow the story manages to come out no matter how its told.
I was thinking with the 29 degree might mean that there will be a fly in the ointment that will derail the train. Usually a 29 degree spot means that "its too late".

7:10 PM  
Blogger Out The Comet's Ass said...

I guess in Horary Astrology the 29th degree means that it's too late. I can't interpret them that way for my purposes, though. I think that sometimes they can show a maxing out feeling on the issues described by the house/sign, or an eagerness to get on with issues involved with the next house. Or they can be interpreted a bunch of different ways...

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home