Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hands on Hips

What is now I guess considered a long time ago, maybe 10 years, I was drawing a series of drawings of people standing with their hands on their hips. I had noticed that this was a posture that people had used a lot while I was growing up and then it just sort of passed out of fashion.

Recently, I'm noticing that people are once again using it. That solid, balancing, even keeled way of holding the body.

Know that if this is really a Trend then the reason for it must be related to the Father of all Things Trendy which would be Uranus. But, I think that Pluto also has something to do with this. As a matter of fact, I sort of wonder if this isn't a Pluto in Earth Sign thing, especially as it relates to Posture. Pluto rules the root chakra, the attachment to the ground and the underground. You can, or at least I can, (well, maybe sort of) understand what motivates (Pluto) a person by watching how they hold themselves against the gravitational pull.

Anyway, Pluto was in the earth sign of Virgo when I was a kid. Pluto has just entered the Earth Sign of Capricorn. And I swear to God, I'm seeing people standing with that solid, salt of the earth type of balanced posture all over the place.

I do remember that the Slouch was really big while Pluto was in the sign of Sagittarius, which displays a more casual and relaxed style. I had actually started drawing poses of the slouch while Pluto was in Scorpio.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home