Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, May 18, 2008

UAC 2008, Denver, CO

I've attended the United Astrology Conference in Denver, CO for 2 days and am sort of feeling freaked out. I was wondering how it would be to attend an Astrology Conference during a double whammy Saturn-Pluto transit. That means that I'm one of the people who has t.Saturn c. n. Pluto trining t. Pluto c. n. Saturn. It's a Trine so that's good but it's still Saturn-Pluto. With the opposition you feel that you're beating your head against a wall, with the trine you feel that you are the wall. I can still appreciate all the Amazing Astrologers who I heard this week-end but it's really difficult to express enthusiasm and my fear of being judged is stronger than usual even. Saturn-Pluto people are not meant to be groupies. But, still, I think that once this transit is over I may sign Philip Sedgwick's email list and gush every time he sends me new information on the Galactic Plane, 45 new planets and 15 plus Constellations that we ought to be interpreting. He's taking Astrology to where I think it ought to be taken. He's also very funny.

So many of the speakers were talking about Astronomy as it pertains to Astrology so I think they really are Rocking the Universe. Karen Hamaker-Zondag and Bernadette Brady talked about this through incredible scholarship and historical research. I heard lectures about the ancient Egyptian and Assyrian astrologies. These people who used to be influenced by observing the stars themselves, before the planets were known. The Sun and Moon were always there, of course, but the Constellations as they rose and set over the Horizon marked the time.

A long time ago I heard Kim Rogers Gallagher give a lecture. At one point she pointed out how amazing it is that seemingly unrelated astrological techniques tended to give very similar readings. This really is obvious when you hear a varied set of astrologers give sort of the same information. On Saturday Komilla Sutton said that Scorpio in Vedic Astrology is considered the Trash Heap of the Zodiac. Out of the junk and weeds a beautiful, pure Lotus Flower can grow. Then today Philip Sedgwick described how the arm of the Galactic Center that flows through the part of the Zodiac where Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn sit receives most of the Cosmic Radiation in the Universe. Completely unrelated studies which seem to reveal very similar concepts.

There are little sections out of my notes that I hope to include here over the next week or so. Was hoping that more people would have blogged but that Conference is really overwhelming. Loading up, digesting and spitting out that much information is not easy. I was saying really stupid things all afternoon from the overload in my little bitty head. Earth to Comet... Earth to Comet...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooo, I am so envious you went to UAC. I had been wondering how that Sat-Plu transit was going to work out for you going there. I guess it gives an enormous amount of depth and intensity to your impressions of the event. A bit freaky, yes. But exciting and awesome too, I hope.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't say 45 new planets....
I'm still groaning over old rulerships/new rulerships.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Out The Comet's Ass said...

Hi judyanne. I hope you can plan on going to the next one. The Sat-Plu stuff did have some fall-out. Social rigormortus, don't know how to spell. And also Credit card debt.

Pete, I can't remember the exact number of planets. But actually it's very exciting, especially now that we have computers and so many new astrologers. You wouldn't believe it, there are two planets that may be announced this year, Easter Bunny and Santa Claus (after name change). The farther out the planets are the more constellations they have to pass through too. It's nuts.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home