Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Friday, May 16, 2008

I.M.Pei / Architect of the Adams Mark/Sheraton

I have ariven in the land of Sunshine on Your Shoulder and Rocky Mountain Highs and Golden Boy Rednecks and boy some of them are looking good but I'm on my Venus-Pluto line and am going to drewl no matter what. Am going to go to 2 Days full of Non-stop Astroblab. Even I burn out after one day so we'll have to see how it goes. The problem right now is that it's frustrating deciding who not to go see there are so many great names and great subjects. I just checked in on Eric Francis' blog and he's doing a really awesome, thoughtful job of covering the event. Check it out: http://planetwaves.net/pagetwo/.

The UAC Conference is being held in a Hotel that was designed by the great Chinese American Modernist Architect I.M. Pei.

I.M. Pei
b. Apr. 26, 1917 Guangzhou, China

Sun 6 Taurus; Moon in Gemini or Cancer; NN 14 Capricorn


I've read that the Sheraton has bought the Hotel and is remodeling it. Only hope that they are respecting the Architect's original idea as Remodels often bastardize originals rather than playing off of the ideas. At any rate, Pei had a natal conjunction of Sun to Venus at 6 Taurus and the Sun and Venus are now also in Taurus although later on in the sign, conjunct his natal Mercury. Perhaps he's hanging out in the Air Ducts trying to understand how 1,000+ Astrologers respond to the Spaces he created.

Pei's chart is a bowl shape bounded by Neptune in in Leo and Uranus in Aquarius so one can see the Outer Planet creativity at work, the need to venture off into the Outer Boundaries, looking for new realities. Well, Pei had lots of Taurus, Sun, Mercury, Venus & Jupiter, so he did have his grounded earthly side that just wanted to create comfortable surroundings. (I haven't even seen the building yet but I just drank a German beer so I can imagine it in my mind -- and from off the Internet).

The current transits are hitting the outer edges of Pei's chart. Mars is conjunct his Neptune and the Neptune-NN-Chiron conjunction is right on top of his Uranus. Better not screw up that remodel, Mr. Sheraton/Hilton. Corporate Nouveau Riche isn't the way to go here. Experiment, baby, experiment. And fix those Air Ducts, they're probably full of Asbestos.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home