Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Friday, May 23, 2008

Learning to Knit

I'm trying to teach myself how to knit and so far I'm doing it with the same level of psychotic spasicity that I type with.

Here's a really good video of a woman teaching the Continental Style which overall may in the end work better for myself, too soon to tell really. They say this is a better style for left-handers like myself. I had a problem with the tension after I learned the English style.

http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2007/02/craftsanity_continental_knitti.html

She makes it look so easy. In reality, the yarn is falling out of your hands, the needles magically remove themselves from the loops and your fingers are cringing like you've got really bad arthritis. And down there 3 rows below something went really wrong. I don't know, it looks like I spaced out really badly for a while. There's a hole and I drove the needle straight through the middle of the yarn and the loops are backwards.

Anyway, I watched a different video where the teacher says "If you're not a good ripper, you're not a good knitter." That's Pluto. It takes a strong Pluto to knit, I'll tell ya. I don't know if this is going to work for me. Crochet is for the Mercurial types. Too bad all you can really make with crochet is doilies. I don't want any doilies.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home