Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Nobless Oblige Award!!

A couple of weeks ago I received a surprise from Twilight over at Learning Curve on the Ecliptic. She was honored with a Noblesse Oblige Award for her excellent blog and in return she has passed the honor on to me.

The conditions for the award are listed down below from off of Twilight's blog. They are listed down below because one thing this blog hasn't achieved is mastery of how to use the word processing feature on Blogger. (The "conditions" come with indented margins and I don't know to remove them.)

One of the honors of this Award is to again pass it on to other blogs. This is really difficult to do because there are so many great bloggers out there.

How many people can I give this to? I hereby pass this Award on to:

Sky Writer which is written by Donna Cunningham
Dharmaruci's Astrotabletalk
John Townley's blog over at Matrix Software

Lastly, I'm supposed to give a brief statement of what my blog has achieved. Well, well, well. First off, Gemini Rising here, I like to get my fingers into a little bit of everything, it's intoxicating. Second off, Aquarius Midheaven conjunct Chiron: Achievement to me just means that others won't be recognized so this isn't really the wording that I would want to use.

My initial purpose in writing this blog was to simply practice writing. That's so embarassing to say because I immediately failed at that. At the time my progressed Mercury was on natal Mars, changing signs, and the Saturn-Neptune opposition was on my natal Mercury. Thats = sloppiness and incoherence. I'm keeping the old posts for all their outlandish problems and as a momento for how impossible the editing was at that time. What I soon found out though was far more important. If I started to look at topics that really interested me, whether in a light hearted way or in a deeper capacity I was finding answers for how the astrology could be related to the subject. I think this is how a Leo Mercury has to work. When I don't write about things which I feel empathy with I tend to bitch and rant, that's for sure.

This is just how I've proceeded. I love using the Internet for the research. Having worked in libraries I remember how much time and hard work it took to find what is now available in seconds. I love working with the past and I love to see how it's connected with the present. Dealing with the future and the human ego is trickier business. I believe that everything is connected and the astrology so often shows how in an elegant way that is both simple and complex at the same time. There is as much to look at as one cares to. Right now Astrology for me is about watching the cycles of the planets. I need to see how this happens in traffic patterns, in the lives of whales, in prairie dogs, in car crashes, in economic downturns, weather patterns, movie stars' noses, haunted houses. You name it, it's all connected. Or, at least, it ought to be....

________

The Conditions for the Noblesse Oblige Award is as mentioned on Twilight's blog are:
1. -Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.

2. -The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.

3. -Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older posts to support.

4. -The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.

5. -Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.




Noblesse Oblige award is for the following:
The Blogger who manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervade amongst different cultures and beliefs.

The Blog contents inspire; strive to encourage and offer solutions.

There is a clear purpose to the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding of Social, Political, Economic, Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.

The Blog is refreshing and creative.

The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home