Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Herodotus

My computer broke so I've got a log jam of charts that I want to look at and no time to look at them. I came up with a stupid idea. I would try make a brief mention of Herodotus the Ancient Greek Historian. In college, I studied Classics for two years until I realized that I had close to no interest in Ancient Greek and Roman culture and absolutely no talent for History. I did, however, come away with a great love for Homer, Aeschylus, Sophocles and Herodotus basically because my teachers were so great at explaining their works. Actually, I think a couple of them taught the class while high on some kind of flower or mushroom because some of the stories were really interesting. Recently I've been wanting to go back and re-read these works because I might finally understand them.

From what I remember, Herodotus was the first Historian. He writes stories in entertaining anecdotal form and gives opinions and pisses off authorities. Because of this he is called both "The Father of History" and "The Father of Lies." But he mixes real life in with the narration. He describes the Government of one ancient culture that would never make a decision until its members had considered the issue while both sober and drunk. This is still done, but our Politicians must say that they either didn't inhale or didn't swallow.

Herodotus was born some time in the 5th Century BCE, Halicarnassus, Greece. Dates given on Wikipedia are 484BC - 425BC. He had to have had some Gemini in there somewhere.

He wrote his Histories (according to Wikipedia) between 431 BC and 425 BC. Here are the starting and ending points for the outer planets during that time.

1/432: Pluto 25 Capricorn; Neptune Pisces; Uranus Aquarius; Saturn Libra; Jupiter Aries; North Node Pisces.

NOTE: Neptune and Uranus were in Mutual Reception then, just as they are now. The North Node is in Pisces as well. The Digital Age is the new version of written History.

1/426: Pluto Aquarius; Neptune Aries; Uranus Aquarius; Saturn Sagittarius; Jupiter Scorpio; North Node Scorpio

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home