Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Risk Calculator

While clicking onto another story about one of my favorites topics, how hand washing is so important for disease control, I linked a completely different health story about how the National Cancer Institute has revised their Risk Calculator for determining whether or not you will come down with Breast Cancer. Here's the link: http://www.cancer.gov/bcrisktool/. Have fun. Knock yourself out. 6 questions, nothing about diet, life style, or environmental factors, but don't get me going about this.

Astrologers should make little online Risk Calculators for people to fill out for their own charts for various topics. They're fun and look scientific. My Sister-In-Law is the only person I've known who had Breast Cancer, though, and she would have scored the same as I did. 1%, slightly less risk than the National Average. She passed away at Age 42.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Madeline Hill said...

Breast cancer risk: I believe it is entirely related to toxic emotions especially as related to one's mother, sister relationships and any guilt one carries about their own mothering or lack there of..abortion guilt, and giving up babies for adoption guilt.

I have a family hx. of breast ca: 5 aunts, mom and grandmom all died from this., ALL OF THEM smoked, and had VERY TOXIC family relationships. MOST of them had an issue with either giving a child away, having abortions, or having been abandoned or given away by their own mother!

Me and one other cousin have escaped this "fate" --we healed dour own mother stuff,neither of us has toxic relationships with our own kids, on the contrary, we have delightful family lives.. and we generally did not participate in the family .

Also we never smoked.

So-- risk assessment? You are better off with an astrology chart and a good astro-couselor-- work on the toxic relationships and the risk will ease up! IMHO

7:30 AM  
Blogger Out The Comet's Ass said...

Hi Madeline. Thanks so much for bringing up the emotional connection. It's very important and, boy, it sounds like you've observed a lot of it first hand.

My parents died from lung cancer which the Chinese connect with Grief. Although they were chain smokers and asking for it I always thought it was interesting how they got sick so soon after their own parents died. Then an uncle passed from emphysema right after his parents passed.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your sister's death. Breast cancer is an evil disease.

I also had a less than 1% risk of breast cancer when I was diagnosed at age 43. Glad to report that I am 7 years out and getting clean bills of health every year from the oncologist. Still holding my breath, though.

I think the risk calculator is meant primarily to calm people down, and that makes it dangerous if it means women will decide they don't need a mammogram after all. Don't get me started on that!

An astrology risk calculator would be totally cool.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Out The Comet's Ass said...

Hi TRA. Congratulations on your good health! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've been reading about very prominent women in Politics who are survivors. The Governors of both Washington and Arizona (I believe, memory's not always the greatest).

I get really upset with the way cases are researched. I feel that the Drs. could figure out the causes pretty quickly if they'd just take advantage of the situation and actually interview the patients a bit more, maybe give them a survey. It seems they purposely turn a blind eye to it. Oh well, get me goin....

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home