Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Today's Mercury and Me and Ben Bernanke and His Competition

Too many NPR Driveway Moments these days as I try to avoid confronting absolutely everything in my life. Mercury is right on my North Node in Libra and Pluto is squaring it while sitting on my 7th House Saturn.

First Mercury was squaring Mars and opposing Pluto. Next week Mercury goes Retro. Right now Mercury's in a Thor's Hammer configuration with Mars and Jupiter. Don't know really what Thor's Hammer means. The interpretations for Thors Hammers are all pretty vague just like interpretations for all the other vague planet formations (except for Yods which Karen Hamaker Zondag cleared up nicely in her book). Mercury-Mars-Jupiter working together in a difficult way could certainly indicate an overload of stress, competition, shouting matches. They are linking up the signs of Cancer, Libra and Aquarius. Mars is probably most prominent because he's in his Fall, throwing tantrums and neither Mercury nor Jupiter is going to know what to do with all this excess emotional baggage. Mercury and Jupiter aren't exactly the most caring planets in the world so they will just be making Mars' situation all that much worse.

Thor's Hammer is the aspect that's a bigger, meaner triangle thingee than a Yod. A Yod at least has a sextile. One of the aspects a Thor's Hammer contains is a square between two planets. These planets are both linked to a third planet by sesquisquares or 3 half squares or 3 tri-octiles (135 degree aspect, whatever it's called). Whatever you want to call them, they belong to the same family as the square, just more subtle. The interpretation that I did read which I liked (can't remember the source, crap) said that this can present a turning point of some kind caused by an inability to make a decision or choice. Either the planets in the square are relying on the 3d planet for a resolve, or things come to a head to a point where one is pushed down the fork in the road in whatever direction. Remember a long time ago, I said that both Hillary Clinton and what's his name, the guy with the shiny hair, John Edwards, have the natal Thor's Hammers. Either way, count on things not really going your way. And right now that certainly would apply to me as well as I eagerly panick over which fork in the road I will have to take.

So, Thor is hammering away in the sky. Thank God these minor aspects have small orbs so the transits don't last long. Jupiter is bouncing around over my Midheaven and I'm pretty sure I've burned more bridges than the state has rivers at this point. I don't have positive Jupiter transits pretty much without exception. This one is just making me want to eat a lot and get fat and I can't sleep and there's brown goo coming out of the bathroom faucets that smells sometimes like cookies and sometimes like barbeque and sometimes like Sweet and Sour Pork. I am hungry all the time which means blood sugar issues.

So, what was this going to be about? Oh yeah. NPR Driveway moment. The damn idiots on NPR were babbling about the financial markets again and were sort of getting catty about my Magic Federal Reserve Chairman Boyfriend Ben Bernanke's reappointment to the Chair of said Reserve. They said that Obama's pick, Lawrence Sumners, was more qualified than My Boyfriend for the Post but he (Lawrence) has a bad personality and upsets people so Ben was better for the job (even though he's a Republican and owns Philip Morris).

Ben has a soothing personality. Boy, does he ever. (Remember the days of weirdo Alan? Market goes up. Market goes down. Market goes up. Market goes down. I hated Disneyland when I was a kid and I don't like Disneyland now.)

So, they (NPR) said that Lawrence is a better pick because he saw it coming. Ben didn't. How could Ben not have seen it coming? He's been studying the Great Depression all of his adult life.

Anyway, I wanted to compare Larry's chart with Ben's chart to see what's the difference between a good personality and a bad personality. I figured Lar was going to get all Saturn-Pluto on us.

Lawrence Sumners
b. Nov. 30, 1954 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (not sure about the place)

Sun 8 Sagittarius; Moon Capricorn or Aquairus; NN 8 Capricorn

Ben Bernanke
b. Dec. 13, 1953 Augusta, Georgia

So, Sagittarrians born at opposite ends of the year of each other. Same North Node in Capricorn, same Saturn in Scorpio. Seriously serious stuff. (Remember Alan? He was fun. He was all into Ayn Rand, those were the days when people bought that shit.).

So what we have here is Cute Sadge v. BlabberHead Sadge. Actually, Sumners is butt-ugly but he likely has Moon in Capricorn and I've been told by some nasty astrologer that we don't age well. (Think Cindy Sheehan).

See, the problem with Sumners' personality (that I know about) is that he's the guy who spoke to a crowd at Harvard in 1995 and announced to the entire crowd that women aren't successful, truly guys, women are dumb, bottom line. Moon in Capricorns can be awful women haters, I know because I am. An engineering scholar and college dean and woman had to stand up in front of the crowd and chew him out. She was the Great and Wonderful Denise Denton of Oz (Virgo Sun). Probably all the other women in the room were cowering in the corner saying nothing because, after all, only ass-kissers can break the glass ceiling.

At any rate, the woman who stood up to the BlabberHead Sadge Sumners was Denise Denton. I wrote about her tragic death. She committed Suicide in 2006. She is the inspiration for my research on astrology of Children of Divorce so, needless to say, I like her very much and am not fond at all of BlabberHead Sadge Sumners. Plus, I have a major Federal Reserve Bank crush on Ben Bernanke. Who doesn't? How the hell else are we going to get through the next 10 years if we don't have a crush on the guy?

So what if Sumners saw the Crash coming? He sucks. Anyway, the entire astrological community saw it coming. The Bush administration saw it coming, that's why they picked Ben the Scholar Expert guy (well, it helped that he's a Republican). That's why they post-poned notifying NPR and other media about the crash until a year after it was already in the works.

So, let's look at Ben's Moon. It's in Pisces. It might be the handle of a Bucket chart, don't know because don't have a birth time. But Moon in Pisces, yeah, he may not have seen it coming, but then again, he probably doesn't see it lasting for as long as it probably will last. That means he's an optimist. Basically, he's a Happy Go Lucky Sadge with Sun opposing Jupiter and he makes other people feel happy go lucky as well. And Mercury and Venus are in conjunction in Sagittarius so he's all, man, he's bad with money, holes in his pockets. Have you seen how much the country is in the hole? Anyway, we couldn't care less. We've got Ben and Ben has pizazz. Mars conjunct Neptune in Libra that trines Jupiter in Gemini. Just don't have a heart attack Ben or we'll be stuck with Larry and Larry, well, Larry hates women. (I don't like women either, most of them at any rate).

Interesting to see the Innie/Outie combinations between the two. Larry the Sadge has Mercury & Venus conjunct Saturn in Scorpio. And Ben the Sadge has Mars conjunct Saturn from Libra to Scorpio. Both have that amazing Mercury-Venus conjunction in their charts that indicates is often associated with big Stock Market losses.

So, this post has pretty much gone nowhere. How many people have I insulted? I'll never make good of my Libra North Node at this rate.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous kalo said...

This post went exactly where I needed it: To my heart. As a wonderful reminder of the incomprehensible times we live in. You gave me a big smile and an extra dose of courage to start another crazy day. Thanks!

2:08 AM  
Blogger California Girl said...

BlabberHead Sadge - I have never heard a more apt description of this sign.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Out The Comet's Ass said...

Thanks you guys.

California Girl, I'll never be hearing the end of this from the Sadges. I'm the last person who should be criticising the blabberheads.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home