Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Monday, September 24, 2007

Salmonella a la Space Shuttle

I had Salmonella when I was a kid. I was quarantined for a month and a half and my Brother and Father had to move out and I had to eat off of paper plates and sit in bed and my Poor Mother got to feel sorry for herself and wash sheets constantly because I pooped and threw up non-stop for 2 weeks. It took a whole extra month for the bug to stop showing up in my blood. They said I contracted it either from eating cracked eggs or playing with frogs. Either way, my Mother fired the Milkman who she accused of delivering the bad eggs and the frogs mysteriously disappeared from the backyard.

Believe it or not that's a lead in to a story about some news about research from a Space Shuttle flight. In Sept. 2006 NASA sent the Astronauts up on an Atlantis flight with petri dishes full of salmonella to see how much the genes would mutate. More than 160 genes obliged. I never question why they're going up there; I just always sort of assume it's to check out the view. Scientists and their "busy work". So labor intensive.

I remember this flight because it was one of a series of ones where, after multiple attempts to take off, they fired the rocket off with Jupiter conjunct the Ascendant and I assumed 1st house Jupiter was a Lucky Omen for space flights. The chart actually shows this research very well but I never in a million years would have read this into it in the first place. Today's story tells about how after they got back, NASA fed the salmonella to little mice and found that Space makes Salmonella much more deadly than it already is. Only 10 percent of the mice who ate the Space Spinach lived as compared to the 40 percent who ate the Earth Spinach. Scientists think this is something to do with a force called "fluid sheer." The germs cultured in microgravity suffer from low flow of fluids over the cells. The gastrointestinal tract is also low sheer so this is supposed to be copasetic with the SpaceCase Salmonella. Can you imagine being an astronaut up there with no time to change your diaper and knowing that the genetic makeup of your B.M. is mutating against some of the most absorbent skin in your body? Bleck!!!

Here's the story link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070924/ap_on_sc/germs_in_space.

Here's the Launch Information:

Atlantic Space Shuttle STS-115

Blast Off: Sept. 9, 2006 11:15 am Cape Canaveral, FL


Sun 17 Virgo; ASC 11 Scorpio; Moon 14 Aries; MC 15 Leo; NN 26 Pisces


Rex Bills is sitting right here so I can look up "Germs:" (Pluto). Pluto here rules the Chart and is squaring the Nodes. The Sun-Mercury in Virgo and Mars in Libra are conjunct the South Node. The empty leg of this t-square is the 8th house, Pluto's house, house of death.

There's another t-square on the angles. Saturn-MC in Leo opposite Neptune-IC squaring Jupiter-ASC. Funny, I've got Jupiter in Scorpio as well and I was due to have a Jupiter Return the next month. Maybe some kind of connection between Jupiter in Scorpio and Salmonella? People tell me I'm mousy all the time so maybe I was part of a Government experiment early on. More likely I was just sticking everything in my mouth. I think I remember reading that Saturn-Neptune can indicate Health problems like infectious diseases but would have to check on that and I'm too busy talking about myself in this blog.

The Moon here is in Aries on the 6th house cusp (from the 5th house). Mars rules 6th house and is on an Aries Point and conjunct the South Node in the 11th House (Health + Space Travel).

Venus's placement is also interesting. She was up in the 10th house (Government) in Virgo (sign of Health) and unaspected except for an inconjunct (health problem aspect) to Chiron (Health). Interesting for me is that she was just a few degrees from my own Venus in Virgo.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Barry Goddard said...

I read that the 167 genes were switched on, rather than mutated, which is a bit less scary! But the yahoo article seems unclear on that point.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Out The Comet's Ass said...

Thanks for the correction, Astrotabletalk! I don't have a clue what that means but I'm glad to hear that it's not as serious.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home