Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Eavan Boland on the New Moon

Here's a Poem about the New Moon as it relates to the Birth Process. This poem is written by one of my favorite poets, Eaven Boland. I never really understand what poems "mean" but some go straight to my heart. I heard Boland give a talk and recite some of her poems once and after about 3 of her "darts" pierced my heart I literally started bawling my head off. Embarassing. My synastry with Eavan Boland's chart is really interesting. Her Sun-Neptune conjunction is conjunct my North Node. And my Sun is conjunct her North Node.

Don't know what it means to have a New Moon with a Mercury Retrograde. I guess the birth process right now is delayed by clerical snafus? Now, that's life. But what do I know I've got Gemini Rising.

POEM: by Eavan Boland specially composed for the
National Maternity Hospital remembrance service in November 1994

Tree of Life

A tree on a moonless night
has no sap or colour.

It has no flower and no fruit.
It waits for the sun to find them.
I cannot find you
in this dark hour
dear child

wait
for dawn
to make us clear to one another.

Let the sun
inch above the rooftops.

Let love be the light that shows again
the blossom to the root.

http://www.wisdomportal.com/Stanford/EavanBoland.html



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home