Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Friday, December 25, 2009

Yuletide Sparks

Christmas is almost over, but I still have time to offer a little present.

On the knitting website that I'm addicted to (Ravelry.com) some members finally came up with a great thing that you can do with all that dryer lint. I knew that someday there would have to be a good use for it. Supposedly dryer lint is highly flammable so a couple of knitters were lamenting that it couldn't be spun into yarn. But a couple of other knitters said that, because it is flammable it makes awesome fire starter. They cram it into toilet paper tubes and stick it under the logs. I suppose if it's full of hair it will smell pretty bad. It's always something.

Happy Holidays.

3 Comments:

Blogger California Girl said...

Long ago, I worked with someone who had an affinity for Scandinavian people. He said that in one of those countries, they had all sorts of jokes about dryer lint which they called "ner". One Valentines Day he made me a sweater out of "ner". It was only a flat layer of lint cut in the shape of a sweater but it was very funny.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Out The Comet's Ass said...

Ah hahahahah! What a great story, Calif G. And, so, was there a romance going on? I mean, not everyone gets a ner sweater on Valentine's.

Hehehe, this is so funny. Do they sell ner at Ikea?

12:07 PM  
Blogger California Girl said...

No romance. Two younger programmers would give me wonderful things on Valentines Day/holidays. One year was a valentine made from a paper toilet seat cover. Another time at Halloween it was candy (as in sweet tarts and things) with the broken off head of a bic razor taped to them.
they always made me laugh.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home