Out the Comet's Ass

Astrology Blog Copyright 2006-13, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Al Green

It's Hotter than Hell today. Only sane thing to do is to put on the Al Green CD and try to avoid getting arrested for dancing in public places. I'm currently obsessed with my Al Green CD called "Here I Am." Here's the lyrics to the title song. Guess his sign. Then you'll understand why he's so hot.

"Here I Am"


I can't believe that it's real,
the way that you make me feel.
A burning deep down inside,
a love that I cannot hide.
Our love is you and me baby,
that makes the world go round.
And if you've been doin' lovin' with me,
layin' all my troubles down,
here I am, baby,
come and take me.
Here I am, baby,
come and take me,
take me by the hand.
Show me,
here I am, baby.

It always ends up this way,
me begging you every day.
A love that I cannot have,
you broke my heart into half.
Our love is you and me baby,
that make's the world go round.
And if you've been doin' lovin' with me,
layin' all my troubles down,
here I am, baby,
come and take me,
Here I am, baby,
come and take me,
take me by the hand.
Show me,
here I am, baby.

When I'm down I can always call you,
for a helpin' hand.
I know you'll do the best you can.
But it don't take much from me,
just my cup of joe.
Oh there's love inside me,
I believe there's one to be explodin',
It's tough for me, oh baby,
I can do worry,
tell me all your troubles.
You won't ever have to worry now,
Just one more thing, ask everybody,
everybody you see,
you'll find yourself lost and alone on a darkened street,
here I am, baby,
come and take me.
Here I am, baby,
come and take me,
take me by the hand.
Show me,
here I am, baby...

Al Green

b. Apr. 13, 1946 Forrest City, Arkansas


Sun 24 Aries; Moon in either Virgo or Libra; NN 23 Gemini

Al Green is one of the most talented singers alive. First of all I need to repeat this part of the lyrics because it's so ingrained in my head the way that Al sings it:

here I am, baby,
come and take me.
Here I am, baby,
come and take me,
take me by the hand.
Show me,
here I am, baby.

Whew, feel better. Al's got Venus in Taurus, perfect placement for a singer as Taurus rules the voice. His Venus is squaring Pluto in Leo showing a very deep, passionate talent. A stand-out in his chart is a big t-square with Sun opposite Jupiter (playfulness, joy, religion) which is squared by a conjunction of Mars and Saturn in Cancer. Emotionally that's a very difficult placement as both Mars and Saturn are easily placed in Cancer, but it will offer its native great musical talent and rhythm (Mozart and Brahms both had Mars in Cancer I believe).

Al Green 's singing career took off in 1967. I don't where his Moon is located exactly but it sort of looks like the Uranus-Pluto and then Jupiter conjunction may have been on it in Virgo at that point. He became one of the top R&B artists of all time. Then on Oct. 18, 1974, a girlfriend got mad that he wouldn't marry her and threw a boiling pot of grits on him. She committed suicide and Green suffered serious burns on his body. His life changed and he turned to religion, becoming a Minister. His R&B sales slipped and he began to sing mostly Gospel.

The planets on Oct. 18, 1974 really hit Green's chart hard. Here's a list of the really obvious ones:

First, the transiting Libra Sun was still opposing his natal Aries Sun, those signs rule the relationship axis. T.Chiron (wounding) was conjunct his natal Sun.

This was Green's Saturn Return to the degree. And remember his Saturn is very harshly aspected. He may have been a little cold to this woman and her feelings and Saturn, Mr. Karma doesn't let you get away with much.

Prog. Venus 16 Gemini c. n. Uranus in Gemini. Uranus is unaspected in his chart except for a trine to Chiron. This shows a surprise from a female. The Transiting South Node was passing over this conjunction and t. Neptune was conjunct the North Node in the opposite Sign of Sagittarius. He would have been utterly magnetic and irresistable under this transit but with Venus, Neptune and Uranus working together in Mutable signs (oh yeah, Jupiter was squaring from Pisces) there would have been problems with delusion, unattainability, and seriousness. One can see how he would have switched to Religion to find Love at a Higher level.

That's not all. Green's progressed Mars conjunct n. Pluto and squaring Venus, a classic indicator of violence and destruction.

This was also the moment when t. Pluto was conjunct his Neptune in Libra within a degree. This is the aspect that has sent most of Hollywood's Bad Girls to jail as it passes through Sagittarius. It's one of those Dark Night of the Soul aspects.

Anyway, I just ordered his "Green is Blues" album. Hope it arrives quickly.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home